"A lady at my church gave me the recipe for this yummy frozen treat," recalls Sharon Pavlikowski of Virginia Beach, Virginia. "I make it for my husband's luncheons at work, and the dish comes home empty every time!" A great dessert for a gathering any time of year, it can be prepared ahead and stored in the freezer.
- 1 package (10 ounces) butter cookies, crushed (3 cups crumbs)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Fold in ice cream. Spread over crust. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Toffee Ice Cream Dessert in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p58
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Toffee Ice Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review