Toffee Crunch Ice Cream Recipe
I grew up on a farm where we had fresh eggs, milk and cream, so we often made homemade ice cream. Many years later, I'm back on a small farm where we have fresh eggs and I'm making ice cream again.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Heath candy bar (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the egg, sugar and salt. Gradually add milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat. Whisk in chocolate, then add cream, coffee and vanilla. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Fold in candy and nuts. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 6 servings (3 cups).
1/2 cup: 362 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Toffee Crunch Ice Cream
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC