Toffee Crunch Grahams
Only four ingredients make up these toffee bars loaded with crunchy almonds. "My sister gave me the recipe years ago, and it's still a family favorite," shares Carol Horne, Perth Ontario.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 12 whole graham crackers
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Place graham crackers in pan. In a saucepan, combine butter and
- brown sugar bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Carefully pour
- over graham crackers. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until bubbly. Cool in pan for 4
- minutes. Cut each cracker into four sections; transfer to wire racks
- to cool completely. Yield: 4 dozen.