Toffee-Crunch Coffee Sundaes
This fast, flavorful, foolproof fudge sauce made in the microwave has a secret ingredient: coffee ice cream. I created it one day when I was out of heavy cream and wanted to make hot fudge sauce for company. It was a huge success with my guests. –Beth Royals, Richmond, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped Heath candy bars (about 1-1/2 bars)
- Whipped cream
- Additional chopped Heath candy bars, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, 1/2 cup ice
- cream and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until
- Spoon 1/3 cup of ice cream into each of four parfait glasses. Top
- each with 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce and 1 tablespoon chopped
- candy bars. Repeat layers. Top with remaining ice cream. Garnish
- with whipped cream and additional candy bars if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 sundae (calculated without whipped cream and additional candy) equals 571 calories, 35 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.