Toffee-Crunch Coffee Sundaes Recipe
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped Heath candy bars (about 1-1/2 bars)
- Whipped cream
- Additional chopped Heath candy bars, optional
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, 1/2 cup ice cream and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- 2. Spoon 1/3 cup of ice cream into each of four parfait glasses. Top each with 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce and 1 tablespoon chopped candy bars. Repeat layers. Top with remaining ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream and additional candy bars if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sundae (calculated without whipped cream and additional candy) equals 571 calories, 35 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.