This fast, flavorful, foolproof fudge sauce made in the microwave has a secret ingredient: coffee ice cream. I created it one day when I was out of heavy cream and wanted to make hot fudge sauce for company. It was a huge success with my guests. –Beth Royals, Richmond, Virginia
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped Heath candy bars (about 1-1/2 bars)
- Whipped cream
- Additional chopped Heath candy bars, optional
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, 1/2 cup ice cream and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of ice cream into each of four parfait glasses. Top each with 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce and 1 tablespoon chopped candy bars. Repeat layers. Top with remaining ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream and additional candy bars if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Toffee-Crunch Coffee Sundaes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p33
Reviews for Toffee-Crunch Coffee Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2008
"This dessert is delicious! It's easy to prepare and yet looks elegant as an after-dinner treat for guests, you've got to try it!"