This easy-to-make treat is the perfect end to a casual meal with friends or family. If you have leftovers, send a few home with each of your guests. Joeanne Steras - Garrett, PA
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, brown sugar, vanilla and baking powder until blended. Stir in coconut and pecans. Spread over crust. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Bars in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p55
Reviews for Toffee coconut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review