Toffee-Coated Peanuts Recipe
A handful is never enough when you serve these mouthwatering nuts, so be sure to make plenty! The sweet toffee coating is enhanced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add peanuts; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack; break apart if necessary. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC