A handful is never enough when you serve these mouthwatering nuts, so be sure to make plenty! The sweet toffee coating is enhanced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, corn syrup, cinnamon,
- salt and nutmeg. Add peanuts; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown,
- stirring once. Cool on a wire rack; break apart if necessary. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: 3 cups.