Toffee-Chocolate Pastry Bundle
Chocolate chips and toffee bits ooze sweetness when you bite into this flaky puff pastry. For maximum enjoyment, eat it while slightly warm with vanilla ice cream. — Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Unfold puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; roll into a
- 14-in. square. Combine the toffee bits, chocolate chips and pecans;
- place in center of pastry. Fold pastry over filling and pinch edges
- to seal.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400°
- for 18-20 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack for 10
- minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm with ice cream
- if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without ice cream) equals 335 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.