Toffee Chip Thins Recipe
In an attempt to create the "ultimate" cookie, I took the best features from my favorite recipes to create this sweet, crisp cookie. My family can't get enough of them.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine butter and condensed milk. Combine the cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder; gradually add to the butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, toffee bits and coconut if desired.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Chip Thins in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p22
Reviews for Toffee Chip Thins(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review