Toffee Chip Fudge Recipe
My grandchildren savor the job of taste-testing my baking experiments. I combined two recipes to come up with this yummy fudge dotted with crisp toffee bits. The kids gave it a "thumbs-up" before requesting a batch to take home.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits plus 2 tablespoons milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk, salt and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until melted. Fold in 1/2 cup toffee bits and vanilla. Pour into a prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Chill until firm. Remove from pan and cut into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 pounds.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC