These cookies combine several mouthwatering flavors. The generous size of the batch gives me plenty of scrumptious cookies to have on hand and extras to send to our sons at college.—Kay Frances Ronnenkamp, Albion, Nebraska
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits or brickle toffee bits
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil, sugars until blended. Beat in eggs, then vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Chip Cookies in Taste of Home February/March 2002, p54
Reviews for Toffee Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review