- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits or brickle toffee bits
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil, sugars until blended. Beat in eggs, then vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12 dozen.
Reviews for Toffee Chip Cookies
Sort By :
Wow ! What more can I say? (I omitted the nuts.. absolutely Fabulous)
I send these to my grandson in Japan & he says they are his favorite. I've made them for a long time & my whole family loves them.
I have been making these since they first appeared in the magazine to rave reviews. Everyone wants the recipe. my son is now allergic to tree nuts, so I left out the nuts and they still were yummy! They have been requested as a repeat at a cookie party.
These are very good, but no way can you drop by spoonfuls. The batter is very, very dry. I'm wondering if all ingredients are listed.