Toffee Cheesecake Tiramisu Recipe
I accidentally discovered this recipe when making a tiramisu for my friend's rehearsal dinner's couple of years ago. I did not have enough Mascarpone so I decided to substitute cream cheese and the result was a huge success. It tastes like cheesecake and tiramisu mixed together.—Tracy Wheeler, Bridgton, Maine
- 1-1/4 cups brewed espresso
- 4 tablespoons rum, divided
- 4 tablespoons coffee liqueur, divided
- 1 package (7 ounces) crisp ladyfinger cookies, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa, divided
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- Cool espresso to room temperature. In a shallow bowl, combine the espresso, 2 tablespoons rum and 2 tablespoons liqueur. Quickly dip 12 cookies in half of the espresso mixture. Arrange in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Mascarpone cheese, sugar, remaining rum and liqueur. Fold a fourth of whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture, then fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Spoon half of cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers; spread evenly. Dust with 1 teaspoon cocoa. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Toffee Cheesecake Tiramisu in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p295
Reviews for Toffee Cheesecake Tiramisu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review