Toffee Cheesecake Bars Recipe
These melt-in-your-mouth treats are absolutely delicious, and everyone will want seconds. A must for Christmas gift giving. No one would ever guess they’re lighter. —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes or until set.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add milk, eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup toffee bits. Pour over crust. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until center is almost set.
- 3. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits; cool completely. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 bar equals 169 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC