Toffee Cashew Treasures Recipe
After searching for a recipe that combined all of my favorite cookie ingredients, I decided to create my own. The result is a lacy, crisp cookie that's sure to earn you rave reviews.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits or brickle toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped cashews, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 247 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC