Layers of caramel and chocolate cover a cookie crust, creating these rich treats. I made several pans for our son's wedding and received many requests for the recipe. The scrumptious bars are also perfect for cookie exchanges.
Recommended: 57 Bake Sale Recipes That’ll Earn Big Bucks
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine filling ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir 5 minutes. Pour over warm crust.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Caramel Squares in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p30
Reviews forToffee Caramel Squares
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review