Dip into a batch of crunchy, caramel fall flavor with crisp apple slices and this smooth, scrumptious dip from our Test Kitchen. You can also serve this dip with other fruit or cake cubes.
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced apples
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in toffee bits and vanilla. Serve with apples. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Toffee Caramel Dip in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p26
Reviews for Toffee Caramel Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2012
"This dip is so yummy especially with a tart apple. I also warm it up and add it to ice cream"