Toffee Candy Recipe
This crunchy toffee is covered with milk chocolate and topped off with a generous sprinkling of pecans.—Janice Cranor, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1. Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Quickly pour into prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over toffee. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
1 ounce equals 174 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC