Toffee Candy Recipe
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1. Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Quickly pour into prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over toffee. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
1 ounce: 174 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Toffee Candy
"Toffee was easy to make and taste very good. I think that there was too much butter as I made it once before and t was very greases and I thought it was because I butter the pan to much so this time I did not and it has too much butter on it you have to wipe the toffee off before you eat it. I may try again and use less butter I hope it works as I don't want to waste the ingredients."
"Very easy and lots of compliments. Don't have a candy thermometer so cooked until light brown and checked for hard crack by dropping a bit into cold water. I used a whole package of dark bittersweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of finely chopped pecans which I pressed lightly into the chocolate. Delicious and addictive!!"
"This was very easy and very good. However, I think there was a mix up in the measurements for the chocolate chips and the pecans. No way was 1 cup of chips enough to cover all that toffee generously and the 1 1/2 cups of pecans called for would be far to overwhelming, for my taste anyway. Next time I think I will switch the measurements on those 2 items and also melt the chocolate chips before I put them on the toffee. Much easier to spread that way."