Toffee Candy Recipe
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1. Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 2. Quickly pour into prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over toffee. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
1 ounce: 174 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Toffee Candy
"Toffee was easy to make and taste very good. I think that there was too much butter as I made it once before and t was very greases and I thought it was because I butter the pan to much so this time I did not and it has too much butter on it you have to wipe the toffee off before you eat it. I may try again and use less butter I hope it works as I don't want to waste the ingredients."
"Very easy and lots of compliments. Don't have a candy thermometer so cooked until light brown and checked for hard crack by dropping a bit into cold water. I used a whole package of dark bittersweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of finely chopped pecans which I pressed lightly into the chocolate. Delicious and addictive!!"
"This was very easy and very good. However, I think there was a mix up in the measurements for the chocolate chips and the pecans. No way was 1 cup of chips enough to cover all that toffee generously and the 1 1/2 cups of pecans called for would be far to overwhelming, for my taste anyway. Next time I think I will switch the measurements on those 2 items and also melt the chocolate chips before I put them on the toffee. Much easier to spread that way."