This crunchy toffee is covered with milk chocolate and topped off with a generous sprinkling of pecans.Janice Cranor, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
40 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a
- large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add sugar and
- water; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer
- reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Quickly pour into prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate
- chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over
- toffee. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set, about 1 hour.
- Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- about 2-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ounce equals 174 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.