This crunchy toffee is covered with milk chocolate and topped off with a generous sprinkling of pecans.—Janice Cranor, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Add sugar and water; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Quickly pour into prepared pan. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over toffee. Sprinkle with pecans. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Toffee Candy in Country Woman
Reviews for Toffee Candy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review