Toffee Brownie Trifle Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut the brownies into 1-in. cubes; place half in a 3-qt. glass trifle bowl or serving dish. Cover with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chopped candy bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Toffee Brownie Trifle
Sort By :
"I made this for Christmas and it was a great hit everyone loved it. Simple to make and I will make it again for all get togethers."
"This has been a family favorite for years. My 24 year old son requests this for his birthday dessert every year. It's always a hit!!!!!"
"This dessert is super sweet - too sweet for my family's tastes. I used white choc and cheesecake pudding mixes. I brought it to a Thanksgiving potluck and brought most of it home. It would be better to serve it after a lighter meal. I like a previous poster's suggestion of sprinkling Kahlua over the cut brownies - it might help cut the sweetness a bit.It was very easy to put together, and it feeds a lot, so it's good for potlucks. Personally, I like it better the next day, but the brownies do absorb some of the moisture and get soft. I used Heath chips from the baking aisle. Sprinkle the chips on top just before serving, as they start to melt on the pudding layer after a while."
"How far ahead can you make this? Is it okay to make the night before it is served?"
"Is the size of the pudding and amount of milk correct?"