A traditional Italian cookie that is baked twice, biscotti is ideal for dunking. Feel free to use any toffee candy bar you like for this recipe.—LilRedHen, Taste of Home Online Community
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 5 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in candy and pecans (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each half on a greased baking sheet into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Biscotti in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p61
Reviews for Toffee Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review