A traditional Italian cookie that is baked twice, biscotti is ideal for dunking. Feel free to use any toffee candy bar you like for this recipe.—LilRedHen, Taste of Home Online Community
Featured In: 16 Girl Scout Cookie Contest Finalist Recipes
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 5 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugars and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in candy and pecans (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each half on a greased baking sheet into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Biscotti in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p61
Reviews for Toffee Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review