These shortbread bars have the taste of toffee without the hassle of making candy. They're attractive addition to a cookie tray. —Ruth Burrus, Zionsville, Indiana
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and salt, beating until smooth.
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 17-19 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately place chocolate bars on top; return to the oven for 1 minute. Spread melted chocolate over bars; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p82
Reviews for Toffee Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2014
"These don't set, so unless you want to hand everyone a spoon to dig out of the pan - don't bother. Too bad, taste was great."