Toffee Apple French Toast Recipe
"I love quick breakfast recipes that can be assembled the night before, saving time on busy mornings," explains Renee Endress of Galva, Illinois. "I created this dish by incorporating my family's favorite apple dip with French toast. The winning combination is perfect for overnight guests."
- 8 cups cubed French bread (1-inch cubes)
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 cups milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 5 eggs
- 1. Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with apples. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugars, 1/4 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth; stir in toffee bits. Spread over apples. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- 2. In another bowl, beat the eggs and remaining milk and vanilla until blended; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Toffee Apple French Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC