You'll be licking your lips after one bite of this crunchy combination of apple, toffee bits and pecans topping a cool scoop of ice cream. Ray Butler of Greenville, Texas shared the recipe.
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the apple, butter and cinnamon; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir; cover and set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Add the pecans, toffee bits and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring twice. Spoon apple mixture over ice cream; sprinkle with topping. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Toffee Apple Crunch in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p21
Reviews for Toffee Apple Crunch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2009
"Did not like this dessert. Maybe the apple mixture should be refrigerated before it is added to the ice cream as when I added mine it ended up being toffee apple soup. Also, it was enough apple for two servings."