Toffee Apple Crunch Recipe
You'll be licking your lips after one bite of this crunchy combination of apple, toffee bits and pecans topping a cool scoop of ice cream. Ray Butler of Greenville, Texas shared the recipe.
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the apple, butter and cinnamon; cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir; cover and set aside.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Add the pecans, toffee bits and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring twice. Spoon apple mixture over ice cream; sprinkle with topping. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Toffee Apple Crunch in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p21
Reviews for Toffee Apple Crunch(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2009
Did not like this dessert. Maybe the apple mixture should be refrigerated before it is added to the ice cream as when I added mine it ended up being toffee apple soup. Also, it was enough apple for two servings.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Desserts for Two >
- Desserts Recipes For Two >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Ice Cream Topping Recipes >
- Ice Cream Toppings >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >