Toffee Almond Tart Recipe
My aunt passed this recipe on to my mother, who then shared it with me. Both of them are excellent cooks, so I knew it had to be a winner. I wasn't disappointed! The rich tart is wonderful as a holiday dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and 3 tablespoons sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg yolks, tossing with a fork until combined.
- 2. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cream, salt and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- 4. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice equals 423 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC