My aunt passed this recipe on to my mother, who then shared it with me. Both of them are excellent cooks, so I knew it had to be a winner. I wasn't disappointed! The rich tart is wonderful as a holiday dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 3 tablespoons sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg yolks, tossing with a fork until combined.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cream, salt and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Toffee Almond Tart in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p57
Reviews for Toffee Almond Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review