- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour and 3 tablespoons sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add egg yolks, tossing with a fork until combined.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cream, salt and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Toffee Almond Tart in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p57
Reviews for Toffee Almond Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2015
"I carried this to church for Homecoming and got rave reviews. All that was left were crumbs. I baked the crust 14 min. and the tart for 35 min. It was a beautiful dish. Everyone wanted the recipe. Will make again."