Toffee Almond Sticks Recipe
These lovely little layered treats boast a buttery bottom and soft toffee top with a sprinkling of almonds. One recipe even makes enough to set some aside for company...if Santa doesn't get to them first!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually stir in flour and mix well.
- 2. Spread evenly onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chips, corn syrup, shortening, water and remaining salt. Cover and microwave until chocolate is melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread over slightly cooled crust. Sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate until set. Cut into 2-in. x 1-in. strips. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Toffee Almond Sticks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC