- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the oil, eggs and extract. Combine the flours, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Reviews for Toffee Almond Sandies
"easy & Delicious..cookies disappeared within hours!"
"I made these and they were spectacular... Super tasty..."
"Every year when I bake my xmas cookies I try a few new ones only the best make it to be a tradition these fit the bill I thought they were awesome!!! Thank you for sharing"
"Great recipe! I love the texture and the taste and the fact that they weren't dry like some sandies recipes I've tried. I made the dough up ahead of time, rolled it into balls and froze them and then just baked what I needed. I like that it makes a big batch, too!"
"I LOVE this recipe and have made it many times since it came out in 1998. It makes a big batch so I freeze some for later.Over the years I've made some changes to make a lower fat pecan version. Here's what I did: substitue butter flavor shortening for butter (you may need to add a few drops of water to make the cookie dough easy to handle), substitute 1 cup of chopped pecans for the 2 cups of almonds. I've even skipped rolling the dough in sugar without my family missing the extra sugar.I encourage everyone to give Toffee Almond Sandies a try, one of the best cookies I've ever tasted."
"These cookies are wonderful. I also make them at Christmas. They are now a family favorite."
"I make these every Christmas and everyone loves them!!"