Toffee-Almond Cookie Slices Recipe
“Make the season special for family and friends with these crispy coffee-dunkers," suggests Julie Plummer in Syesville, Maryland. "Simply bake up a batch, wrap several slices in bright cellophane and add holiday stickers and curly ribbons for last-minute gifts.”
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix sugar cookie mix, flour, butter and egg to form a stiff dough. Stir in almonds, chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light brown. Cool on pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- 3. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut diagonally into 15 slices. Place on baking sheets, cut sides down.
- 4. Bake 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 138 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC