Toasty Pumpkin Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- MAPLE CRANBERRY BUTTER:
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup butter, softened
- Additional maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk, pumpkin and butter; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cranberries and syrup. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly. Beat in butter until blended.
- 4. Serve waffles with maple cranberry butter and syrup if desired. Refrigerate or freeze leftover butter. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup butter).
2 waffles with 1 tablespoon maple cranberry butter (calculated without additional syrup) equals 392 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.