Toasty Garlic Bread
This golden garlic bread is doubly good because both sides are buttered and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic powder.
6-7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 French bread (12 to 15 inches), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley flakes
- Garlic powder
- Spread both sides of bread with butter. Place, cut side down, on a
- baking sheet. Sprinkle one side with cheese, parsley and garlic
- powder. Broil 4 in. from the heat until light golden brown. Turn
- slices and repeat with other side. Serve immediately. Yield: about
- 12-15 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 292 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.