Toasty Egg Sandwiches
"When I'm running late, these sandwiches make dinner easy and tasty for everyone," relates Denise Helms of Glenview, Illinois. "Both my son and daughter often request them. I like to serve fruit and chips alongside," she notes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 slices American cheese
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter until melted. Break each
- egg into skillet; reduce heat to low. Cook until white is completely
- set and yolk begins to thicken but is not hard.
- Meanwhile, toast bread. Spread remaining butter over one side of each
- slice of bread. Spread mayonnaise over buttered side of two bread
- slices; top with cheese slices, eggs and remaining bread. Yield: 2