Toasty Deli Hoagie Recipe
This deluxe sub sandwich is stacked with yummy ingredients, then broiled, so it’s perfect for a backyard picnic. For an even fresher taste, whip up your own guacamole. —Staci Hoard, Bronston, Kentucky
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 slices hard salami
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups guacamole
- 1. Cut French bread in half lengthwise; place cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until toasted.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic; spread over bread bottom. Layer with turkey, ham, salami, pepper, onion and cheese. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until meat is heated through; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- 3. Spread guacamole over bread top; place over cheese. Cut into six slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 601 calories, 29 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,549 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 37 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC