Toasty Deli Hoagie Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 slices hard salami
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups guacamole
- 1. Cut French bread in half lengthwise; place cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until toasted.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic; spread over bread bottom. Layer with turkey, ham, salami, pepper, onion and cheese. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until meat is heated through; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- 3. Spread guacamole over bread top; place over cheese. Cut into six slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 601 calories, 29g fat (9g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1549mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 37g protein
Reviews for Toasty Deli Hoagie
"I believe this recipe is just as good as Jimmy Johns."
"Try this if you're looking for a QUICK & easy meal! We loved it! I used Pepper Jack cheese instead of the provolone & it was deeee-lish!"
"This is a wonderful, and wonderfully easy, recipe. The lemon and garlic add just the right "kick" to the mayonnaise, and the guacamole is a perfect topper. I'll be making this again."