- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 slices hard salami
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups guacamole
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise; place cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic; spread over bread bottom. Layer with turkey, ham, salami, pepper, onion and cheese. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until meat is heated through; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Spread guacamole over bread top; place over cheese. Cut into six slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Toasty Deli Hoagie in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p67
Reviews for Toasty Deli Hoagie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 6, 2011
"I believe this recipe is just as good as Jimmy Johns."
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2011
"This is a wonderful, and wonderfully easy, recipe. The lemon and garlic add just the right "kick" to the mayonnaise, and the guacamole is a perfect topper. I'll be making this again."