- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 slices hard salami
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups guacamole
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise; place cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-5 minutes or until toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic; spread over bread bottom. Layer with turkey, ham, salami, pepper, onion and cheese. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until meat is heated through; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Spread guacamole over bread top; place over cheese. Cut into six slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Toasty Deli Hoagie
"I believe this recipe is just as good as Jimmy Johns."
"Try this if you're looking for a quick & easy meal! We loved it! I used Pepper Jack cheese instead of the provolone & it was deeee-lish!"
"This is a wonderful, and wonderfully easy, recipe. The lemon and garlic add just the right "kick" to the mayonnaise, and the guacamole is a perfect topper. I'll be making this again."