I added green pepper to this recipe I got years ago from a friend. I prepared this rich snack for company when zucchini is plentiful. Everyone seems to enjoy it—even those who say they don't care for zucchini. —Jane Bone, Cape Coral, Florida
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 36 slices snack rye bread
- In a bowl, toss the zucchini and salt; let stand for 1 hour. Rinse and drain, pressing out excess liquid.
- Add the next eight ingredients; stir until combined. Spread a rounded teaspoonful on each slice of bread; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Toasted Zucchini Snacks in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Toasted Zucchini Snacks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review