Toasted Zippy Beef Sandwiches Recipe
These yummy broiled sandwiches from Theresa Young of McHenry, Illinois taste just like they came from a delicatessen. With roast beef, provolone cheese, fresh veggies and a simple homemade dressing, they’re comforting and refreshing with a slight kick.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Western salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 4 whole wheat sandwich buns, split
- 1/2 pound sliced deli roast beef
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices onion
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and horseradish; set aside. Place bun bottoms cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet; top with beef and cheeses. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2. Place bun tops cut side up on another baking sheet. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, layer with tomato, onion, yellow pepper and lettuce on sandwiches. Spread mayonnaise mixture over bun tops; place over lettuce. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Toasted Zippy Beef Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC