Toasted Walnut Orange Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add walnuts; cook and stir until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat half-and-half and sugar until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in the whipping cream, cranberry sauce, orange juice concentrate, vanilla and walnuts.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 384 calories, 28g fat (17g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Toasted Walnut Orange Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.