Toasted Walnut Orange Ice Cream Recipe
This is an ice cream I created when I remembered my Mother's Cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving and how good it tasted. It has a creamy texture and a delight hint of orange.Patricia Magner, Rathdrum, Idaho
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Walnut Halves
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add walnuts; cook and stir until toasted, about 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat half-and-half and sugar until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in the whipping cream, cranberry sauce, orange juice concentrate, vanilla and walnuts.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 1 quart.
Originally published as Toasted Walnut Orange Ice Cream in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p70
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Toasted Walnut Orange Ice Cream(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review