Toasted Walnut Bread Recipe
Loaded with nutty flavor, this down-home bread is sure to be another hit with your gang. I received the recipe from a co-worker and simply substituted some of the all-purpose flour with the whole wheat variety.—Linda Kees, Boise, Idaho
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice equals 202 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Toasted Walnut Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC