- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Toasted Walnut Bread in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p13
Reviews for Toasted Walnut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2014
"Good but a little dry. I made as directed but it may have been baked too long. The flavor is good and is fairly simple to make. May make again."