Toasted Turkey Sandwiches
"This makes a yummy supper garnished with dill or sweet pickles," writes Patty Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. She often adds a slice of American or cheddar cheese for another flavor.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 thin slices cooked turkey
- 6 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 12 slices buttered French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Place 1 slice each of turkey and ham on 6 bread slices. Top with
- remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip the
- sandwiches in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Brown sandwiches on
- both sides. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip and cranberry
- sauce. Serve with sandwiches. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 300 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer