Toasted Swiss Deli Sandwich
"Paired with a soup or salad, this simple sandwich makes a tasty meal," says Carol Bradley, Sun City West, Arizona.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 thick slice deli chicken breast
- 1 slice deli ham
- Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Spread sour cream
- over unbuttered sides. On one slice, layer one piece of cheese,
- chicken, ham and remaining cheese; top with remaining bread,
- buttered side up. In a small skillet, toast sandwich over medium
- heat until bread is lightly browned on each side. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, fat-free sour cream and reduced-fat cheese) equals 470 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 772 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.