- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide
- in half; let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of sunflower
- kernels over the bottom and sides of two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf
- pans. Shape dough into loaves; place in pans. Press remaining
- kernels into top of dough. Cover and let rise until doubled, about
- 45 minutes.
- Beat egg and cold water; brush over dough. Bake at 375° for 40-45
- minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to
- cool. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 161 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.