Toasted Sausage Cacciatore Sammies
A hot sandwich will warm your family down to their toes. This one’s packed with sausage, eggplant and mushrooms, and so tasty you’ll want to prepare it again and again! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf frozen garlic bread
- 3 Italian sausage links, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook
- the sausage, eggplant, mushrooms and onion in a large skillet over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; heat through. Spoon
- over cut sides of garlic bread and top with cheese. Cut into slices.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.