Toasted Sausage Cacciatore Sammies Recipe
- 1 package (11-1/4 ounces) frozen garlic Texas toast
- 3 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1. Bake garlic toast according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook the sausage, eggplant, mushrooms and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; heat through. Spoon over cut sides of garlic bread and top with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 360 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 865 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.