Toasted Sausage Cacciatore Sammies Recipe
A hot sandwich will warm your family down to their toes. This one’s packed with sausage, eggplant and mushrooms, and so tasty you’ll want to prepare it again and again! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf frozen garlic bread
- 3 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook the sausage, eggplant, mushrooms and onion in a large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and Italian seasoning; heat through. Spoon over cut sides of garlic bread and top with cheese. Cut into slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Toasted Sausage Cacciatore Sammies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p15
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Toasted Sausage Cacciatore Sammies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Sandwiches >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >