- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer with cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and horseradish; spread over remaining bread. Place over sauerkraut. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Toasted Reubens
Sort By :
"Great recipe. Very delicious!"
"Excellent sandwich, and easy to make! It does taste like it came from a good deli. My husband is still talking about it, days later!"
"I prepared this recipe tonight and I swear it tasted better than many restaurant Reubens I have had. It is super easy and absolutely delicious. I made it exactly as written except I used pastrami since I could not find corned beef around here. It worked perfectly. This is definitely a five star recipe and we will be having it again and again. Here is a link to my review and picture.http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/29/p/895508/7762816.aspx#7762816"
"We loved this recipe. I didn't have any rye bread on hand so I made the Onion Dill Bread on this site and it made an awesome subsitute."
"This is awesome!"