- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread mustard over four slices of bread. Layer with cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and horseradish; spread over remaining bread. Place over sauerkraut. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Toasted Reubens
"I did not use the horseradish. (Never have it in the house.) Doubled up on the cheese and meat. Great sandwich."
"One of the best reubens we've had in a while!"
"Great recipe. Very delicious!"
"I prepared this recipe tonight and I swear it tasted better than many restaurant Reubens I have had. It is super easy and absolutely delicious. I made it exactly as written except I used pastrami since I could not find corned beef around here. It worked perfectly. This is definitely a five star recipe and we will be having it again and again.n I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"This is awesome!"
"This was so delicious!"
"We have made this many times, and it is sooo good! Don't forget to rinse the sauerkraut."
"This recipe appeared years ago in Taste of Home magazine. I made them several times and misplaced the recipe. So glad to find it again! This is the very best Reuben recipe I have ever tried."