Toasted Pecan Dainties Recipe
These melt-in-your-mouth delights have an irresistible nutty taste and light, airy texture. The dough is made ahead of time and chilled overnight, leaving just the baking to be done the next day.—Connie Wagler, Cross Hill, South Carolina
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Shape dough into four 1-1/2-in. diameter logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 11 dozen.
1 cookie equals 65 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC