Toasted Pecan Dainties Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, oil and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into four 1-1/2-in. diameter logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 11 dozen.
Originally published as Toasted Pecan Dainties in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p84
Reviews for Toasted Pecan Dainties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review